Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Recipe : Sweet Potato Salad.

Assalamu'alaikum and Hi!



Please be reminded that I do not always eat that clean, to be honest. I still eat rice as usual, but of course with more veggies. What do I do when I find no veggies available? How do I supply my body with enough intake of vitamins and minerals?


With Herbalife shakes, of course! :D


So, I just finished making my own version Sweet Potato Salad! Mula-mula tu, rasa macam, 'can I really eat this?'. But, I am almost finished by now!



Inspired by Alyssia's Sweet Potato Salad. But using whatever I have in my room. I'm out of greens so that's why you're seeing all red and orange stuffs combined together. Haha. No Greek yoghurt, I thought of using natural flavour one at first, but there was none! So Mixed Berries yoghurt it is for the dressing. Oh, it doesn't have to be fat free, of course. "Fat free" does not mean it is free from other stuffs.



Ingredients :


1 small bowl of bite-sized sweet potatoes
1 medium size almost-ripe tomato (unseeded)
1/2 shallot (thinly sliced and diced)
5 spoons of Nestle Mixed Berries, Apple & Acai Yoghurt. (use the spoon provided)


1. Peel off the sweet potato skin. Add the cut ones into water until boiled. (I actually over-boiled my sweet potatoes, so they were super soft! :D)

2. Throw everything into a bowl, add up the yoghurt as dressing.

3. Mix well and you're ready to eat! :D



I believe that you don't have to be a good cook to prepare this. As long as you have sweet potatoes, then just cut them to bite-sized pieces, boil and they're ready! Thanks, Alyssia! Go follow her on Instagram right now!



Till then! ;D

No comments: