Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Of a tough life.

Is it?

Assalamu'alaikum! How is your day so far? Well, not doing much today, except followed up my coachee.

I am currently in the middle of my final year project. It is a requirement by both the Kulliyyah and university for me to graduate. Well, not that I am going to graduate this year, tho. LOL.

I even had four patches at once due to neck and shoulder strains. Haha
Was it tough? I guess. It depends on how you see the project itself. My project is kind of easier than other people, and normally, I don't have to twist my brain for here and there calculations, unlike my mates. So, the definition of tough actually depends on the days I struggle with the project.

Those were only for one type of medium agar composition only.
It really got to my nerves when I had to weigh the 0.01 g. Even 1 g was hard enough. Haha
As much as it is easy I say so, but the work load is no kidding, and most of the time, is so tedious. Not to mention how much waiting I have been doing, well, you measure some powder for the medium agar, add up the distilled water and let it to be autoclave for one to two hours. The fact that autoclave machine is located in the lab at the end of the corridor, and the distiller is on another floor, I think I walk almost 10,000 steps every day.


After the first session of evalution. Note that the media plates, including at the back, were only 1/4 from overall media that I need to prepare.
My babies, I mean the actinomycetes did grow up well, but I have yet isolated them, so I have no idea if I really got the rare ones. Yes! I am in the need of the rare ones, people! Some media plates did have contamination, but Alhamdulillah, praise to ALLAH, no repeats needed, well, unless the number of bacteria is not enough, there is a high possibility for me to start the pretreatments again.

After wet heat pretreatment.

I bet you won't understand even a bit of this entry, well, yeah, because it sounds so science? LOL.

My last attempt to spread from the serial dilution ended up with that. I was so frustrated that I skipped one-day lab session. LOL

As for today, nothing much can be done. The labs are undergoing cleaning and polishing processes, and that really turns  off my mood to do any work, not even writing my thesis, because I feel like I have no muse at all. The mates are continuing their work as usual, and to be honest, that really makes me feel a little bit pressured. They seem to know everything and what to do, so I choose to back off from that environment for a while. Haha. But that's what I love about going to the lab, because laziness is not an option, you are forced to do your work whether you like it or not. And at the  end of the day, it would end up as a productive day after all. Hiks.

The stool is quite high to level up the laminar flow, causing extreme back pain (that's an exaggeration, F!) and neck strain.

That's all for now. Well, I am still juggling between my final year project and my part-time job as a Herbalife Personal Wellness Coach. After a heart-to-heart session last night, I realised that my coachees' goals and my business partners' dreams are all weighed on my shoulders. They are part of the amanah and responsibility that I need to hold.

Till then, have a great and productive week! :D

No comments: