Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Baking Obsession

Remember my what-to-bake list??


I'M GOING TO BAKE/COOK/TRY:

chocolate and peanut butter cupcakes
blondies done!! [sem 3 0809 hols]


Did this almost every 2,3 days. First try, I still put the toppings. But later on, I realised that they made good plain cupcakes without the toppings. So, basically, this had become my first and foremost choice recipe of baking plain cupcakes.


cupcakes + chocolate buttercream
vanilla cupcakes + Swiss meringue peach buttercream frosting
red velvet cupcakes + cream cheese frosting
chocolate chip cupcakes + chocolate chip frosting
cupcakes + caramel buttercream
cupcakes + strawberry buttercream
cupcakes + peanut butter frosting
cookies and cream cupcakes done!! [sem 3 0809 hols]


I used Cream-O vanilla filling sandwiched cookies. Turned out to be kind of sweet. Perhaps it's because of the mixed ingredients granulated and castor sugar and the-already-sweet Cream-O.


strawberry country cake [planning to do this on angah's birthday] done on 21-22/05/2009!![sem 3 0809 hols]
This is the first layer, scrapped with icing cream
and layered with slices of strawberries.
[FILLING]


Topped with the second layer.
With icing cream.

More strawberry slices on the top.

Angah's birthday cake's done!!
Oh, excuse the bad+ugly+shabby icing wiriting.
Hey, remember, I'm a beginner, okay?!


I'm sorry to say that I only took pics of strawberry country cake since I forgot to take others' pics. The cake was awesome, even I, myself had no chance to try, but the feedback was satisfying. Alhamdulillah. It was supposed to be matched with whisked cream, but my wrong technique caused some troubles to the cream, so I used icing cream instead, as advised by my mom. On a good side, it neutralized the sour taste of strawberries [well, we didn't get any Californian strawberries here, only Cameron Highlands'].




chocolate cream cheese pound cake
lemon cornmeal cake + lemon glaze
Denver chocolate pudding cake
chocolate chip bars
golden caramel cake
angel food cake
strawberry shortcake
peach cobbler failed on the first try, but successfully done on the day after[sem 3 0809 hols]




Can't wait to get home.

Can't waith to bake again.

No comments: